School Districts > Introduction
Child care resource and referral agencies are the number one source for the latest information on early childhood services in your community and across the country. The county CCR&R agencies serve as the community-based "hub" of early childhood activity - linking families to services and supporting the quality, affordability, and accessibility of early care and education services.
NJACCRRA is committed to the belief that all children deserve access to quality, affordable child care, and we encourage collaborations to bring about effective change throughout our early care infrastructure. We are eager to work with school districts on developing high quality preschool programs. Member CCR&R agencies are available to provide a variety of training and technical assistance services to districts interested in developing a pre-school program or strengthening an existing program.
Schools districts can access the following services from their local child care resource and referral agency:
- Collaboration/Coordination - Each county CCR&R offers a range of activities to assist and support early childhood staff including coalitions, pre-K forums, conferences, director's support networks, and teacher support networks.
- Program Development - CCR&R's are the number one source of all the latest information on early childhood services in your community and across the country. CCR&R highly trained professionals are available to sit on planning committees to provide data, research and lend technical support in the development of the program design section of grant applications.
- Training - Highly trained professionals, with knowledge of current trends and information in the early childhood field, is available to provide training on a wide variety of topics tailored to your needs.
- Technical Assistance - Staff can provide technical assistance to aid in the development and implementation of a pre-K program including co start-up issues, curriculum, health and safety consultation, etc.
- Resources - CCR&Rs have a variety of materials including equipment, toys, videotapes, and curriculum materials available through their lending libraries.
- Referrals - CCR&Rs can refer parents to your program.
Your local CCR&R will welcome your call. Click here to contact the CCR&R in your county.